Definitions and Interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery via the website. This definition incorporated, where applicable, the definitions provided in the data protection laws;
A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Law
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
The UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 04830286 and whose registered office is at Turner Lane, Ashton Under Lyne, OL6 8LW;
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Charlestown Day Nursery or Chinley Day Nursery and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, www.ccdaynursery.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular included the pural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Scope of this policy
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery is the “data controller”. This means that Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data from you:
b. Date of birth;
d. Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
e. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, interests;
f. Fincnical information such as credit/debit card numbers;
g. IP Addresses (automatically collected);
h. Web brower type and version (automatically collected);
i. Operating system (automatically collected);
j. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. Data is given to us by you; and
b. Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
b. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
d. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
e. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. Internal record keeping;
b. Improvement of our products/services;
c. Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below)
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a certain product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
c. If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find our how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this provessing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. Any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure the proper administration of our website and business;
b. Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to obtain advice from professional advisers;
c. Third party payment providers who process payments made over the website – To enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
d. Relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime or collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. We store your Data on sercure servers.
c. Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (you can see this when you see the lock in the address bar)
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right yo have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: email@example.com
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
24. Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. All cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
29. Beofre the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requestiong your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies your are enabling Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placning of Cookies; However certain features of the website may not function fully or as intented.
30. This website may place the following cookies;
Type of Cookie
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
31. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the cookies schedule.
32. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and effiently including, but not limited to personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org you will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
38. Unless otherwised agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Charlestown Day Nursery and Chinley Day Nursery by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Description of Cookie - We use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the Website
Purpose - Analytics/performance